We suggest wherever possible please make the request online via the surgery website or by using Online Services. New users are required to complete a simple registration prior to using this service.
Please give two working days' notice for repeat prescriptions with collection after 14:00 on the third working day from your selected pharmacy.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, pharmacist, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
NHS Prescription charges
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it more cost effective to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.